When the weather outside is frightful, an evening of poetry is most delightful.
Poets of all ages are invited to enter our winter poetry contest, co-sponsored by the Friends of the Library. Entries will be accepted from December 1 throught January 3. Winners will be notified January 15 and be invited to read their work at our Poetry and Hot Chocolate Night, part of New Hope and Lambertville’s WinterFest activities, on Thursday, January 23 at 6:30pm. Poems may be submitted online or mailed to or dropped off at the library. PLEASE READ THE RULES FOR SUBMISSION BELOW:
Rules for submission:
- Poems entered must be author’s original work and may not be copied from any book or other source. (Authors whose works have been published may submit their own work.) We reserve the right to disqualify plagiarized poems at any time.
- Please double check spelling and punctuation before submitting your work. Entries are published as submitted. Poems may not be longer than 250 words and should be printed neatly or typed. Illegible poems and/or entry forms will be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted by January 3, 2010. Poems may be entered into the contest in the following ways:
- Online: click here to submit your work.
- Mail: The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury, 93 W. Ferry Street, New Hope, PA 18938. Be sure to include your name, contact information and age category on your submission.
- In person: Drop off at the library. Be sure to include your name, contact information and age category on your submission
- Submissions will not be returned. Authors retain all copyrights to their work.
winners will be chosen in each of the following categories and will
receive a prize.
- Adult (age 18 and above)
- Teen (grade 6-12)
- Youth (grade 2-5)
- If you are under the age of 18, be sure your parent(s) or guardian is aware of your entering this contest and is in agreement with all of these rules. Failure to comply with any of the contest rules will result in disqualification.