As you may have heard, Bucks County is slated to move to the Yellow Phase of Governor Wolf’s plan to reopen the state on June 5. Here is what you need to know about library operations during this time.
- Even though the date to move into phase yellow has been announced, the library is still currently closed under red phase orders. Please continue to avail yourself of the library’s virtual services during this time.
- No book donations will be accepted.
- Items currently checked out may be returned to the book drop beginning Monday, June 8. All items checked out from March have had their due dates adjusted to July 1.
- The library building will remain closed to the public, however we will offer Curbside Pickup Service for items on hold and hold requests beginning June 15 at 10am. Please refer to our Curbside Pickup page for details as to how to use this service.
- Curbside Pickup Service will be available Monday-Friday from 10am-5pm and Saturday 10am-2pm.
- All returns must be placed directly into the book drop. All items returned in the book drop or holds received from the interlibrary delivery service will be quarantined for three days before being checked in. Please do not be concerned if a returned item is still on your record. It will be backdated to the date of its return when it is checked in.
- Any payments over $10 may be paid by credit card over the phone.
- Library cards for Bucks County residents are being automatically renewed. Out-of-state cardholders may request a short extension until they are able to visit the library in person.
- To help you make the most out of our curbside service, we are offering the following additional services:
- Holds-By-Phone: Our staff can help you locate books within our library system and place holds over the phone.
- Grab-and-Go Bags: Let us browse for you. Give us a call and tell us your preferences and our staff will pull a selection of books for you to pick up curbside. This is great for parents of preschoolers!
- Home delivery for Homebound will be available on a limited basis for those who are at-risk only. Please call the library for further details of this service.
- The health and safety of our staff and patrons is paramount. The staff has been trained in maintaining proper hygiene and building sanitization in accordance with CDC, OSHA and state guidelines to keep our work environment and items clean. For our mutual safety, we will be wearing PPE during curbside delivery. Please be respectful of the library’s operational procedures and help us by following our guidelines, wearing masks and maintaining social distance.
Our services, building accessibility, and hours of operation will increase in the coming weeks as long as the current health situation permits and an adequate supply of cleaning materials and PPE can be sustained. Thank you all for your cooperation and patience as we move toward “normal.”