Here is what to expect at the library during the Green Phase of the governor’s plan to reopen Pennsylvania. Please check back often as the situation is fluid and operations will change accordingly.
- Access to the library building will be available from 12-5pm weekdays; 12-3pm Saturdays.
- Masks are required.
- Please follow directional arrows when accessing the building.
- Please keep your visit brief in order to limit the number of people in the library.
- Maintain social distancing.
- The bathroom will not be accessible to the public unless there is an emergency.
- Computer use is limited to 1 hour.
- We strongly recommend that any materials checked out in-house be quarantined at your home for four days to ensure their safety.
- All items returned to the library or received in an inter-library delivery will be quarantined for 4 days before being checked in. Do not be alarmed if you receive an overdue notice. All items will be backdated.
- A special browsing hour will be available Tuesday mornings from 10am-11am for our 65+ and at-risk patrons.
- Staff members will wipe down the common touch areas of the building hourly.
- Curbside pickup hours remain 10am-5pm weekdays; 10am-2pm Saturdays.
- All returns are to be deposited into the book drop. No returns will be accepted inside of the building.
- No book donations.
- Virtual programming continues.
- Homebound delivery continues.
- In order to comply with guidelines for reopening buildings, we’ve had to make some changes to our staff work areas so that we can do our jobs safely. If you need assistance, please do not enter into staff areas. We will come out and help you.
- The health and safety of our staff and patrons is paramount. The staff has been trained in maintaining proper hygiene and building sanitization in accordance with CDC, OSHA and state guidelines to keep our work environment and items clean. For our mutual safety, we will be wearing PPE during curbside delivery. Please be respectful of the library’s operational procedures and help us by following our guidelines, wearing masks and maintaining social distance.
Our services, building accessibility, and hours of operation will increase in the coming weeks as long as the current health situation permits and an adequate supply of cleaning materials and PPE can be sustained. Thank you for your continued cooperation.