What’s the Buzz?
The Community Buzzathon is a weeklong whirlwind of fun programs and FUNdraising for The Free Library. A joint effort of the Board of Trustees and Library Staff, the Buzzathon culminates with the Community Spelling Bee on Fri., Oct. 7. Here’s how you can bee involved!
- Sponsor a Bee team…or Two. Make a fundraising donation to one of our bee-dazzling teams! (The team that raised the most wins a prize!)
- Take a Chance on our Two Raffle Baskets. A Honey of a Basket (with homemade quilt) and Local Bizz Buzz (with gift certificates from local businesses). $5 per ticket or 3 for $10.
- Go Bananas for Bananagrams. Participate in our first-ever Bananagrams tournament. Open to all ages. $10 entry fee.
- Attend the Spelling Bee! No tickets required, but you can donate at the door by “tipping the honeypots” of your favorite teams.
Events, Programs & Fundraisers
- Raffle Baskets on display at the library from mid-Sept. Winners will be drawn at the Bee.
- Bananagrams Kickoff, single-elimination tournament, Sat., Oct. 1, 10:30am-12:30pm. In person. Drop-ins will also be welcomed based on space.
- Honey Bee Pin Make & Take Craft, available all week at the library.
- Honey Bee Story Time with Miss Patricia. Tues., Oct. 4 at 10:30am. In person.
- Honey Bee Guided Colored Pencil Drawing led by Anita Thompson, Wed., Oct. 5, 6:30pm. On Zoom.
- Honey and Health! Presented by Madison Chapman, Doylestown Health, Thurs.., Oct. 6, 12 noon. On Zoom.
- Cooking with Honey with Connie Hillman, Thurs., Oct. 6, 3pm. On Facebook.
- Community Spelling Bee, team competition, Fri., Oct. 7, 7pm. N-HS High School theater.
All proceeds from the Buzzathon support the library’s day-to-day operating expenses.