The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury, founded in 1918, is celebrating its hundredth anniversary with a campaign to build our endowment. Please help ensure this valued resource will continue to serve our community, no matter how libraries change.
Options for donating include:
- Outright cash donations
- Pledges over a specified period of three years
- Bequests which pass through a will
– General bequest (a specific dollar amount)
– Percentage bequest (a percentage of the estate)
– Residuary bequest (a specified amount or percentage of the estate offered after all debts, taxes, expenses and other bequests are paid)
- Gifts of stock, bonds, life insurance and retirement plan benefits, IRA assets, all of which pass outside of a will
Our goal is to increase the endowment by $1,000,000 to keep the library open and able to offer an array of programs. During 2018, we hope to obtain pledges totaling $100,000.
Why is this campaign needed?
- Children need a safe environment in which to socialize and gain literacy skills.
- Teens need a welcoming place to meet people with similar interests.
- Adults need a resource for lifelong learning.
- Seniors need a convenient place that provides helpful information services good books and the opportunity to enjoy the company of others in the community.
Please consider joining the 1918 Society at one of these levels named for the Library’s successive locations:
- Ferry Street Member: $19,180.00
- Delaware House Member: $1,918.00
- Salt House Member: $191.80
In 1918 the Founders made a powerful gift that benefits our community. Let’s continue the legacy and provide resources for a future generation.
How can you help?
Please call the Library at 215-862-2330 to discuss a planned gift. A librarian will connect a board member with you, who can offer suggestions on constructing the planned gift that best fits your situation, to honor a loved one or simply make a donation.
Thank you for considering the Free Library of New Hope and Solebury in your charitable donations.