Bananas for Wordplay? Participate in Our First-Ever Bananagrams Tournament!
Saturday, October 1, 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at the Library
$10 per player donation to play
We’re launching the Community Buzzathon, a week of fun and fundraising for The Free Library, with a Bananagrams Tournament. Join the bunch and get ready to peel! Here’s what you need to know to participate in our kickoff fundraiser:
· This will be a single elimination tournament. The winner of each game goes on to play the next round and so forth until a player in the last matchup says “BANANAS”!
· All ages are welcome. Participants will be initially grouped by age bracket if possible.
· Entry proceeds support the library’s operating fund. ($10 donation per player will be collected at the door)
· Walk-in players can join in based on space, but no later than 10:45 a.m.
· If any word is challenged, its spelling will be checked with the Merriam-Webster Dictionary.
· Many thanks to JaZams for donating the prize for our top banana!
Register to play here.
Brush up on Bananagrams rules here.