The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury is pleased to offer free passes to the following area museums available for check out on your library card. Enjoy your visit with your family and friends and then return the pass to the Library. Check with the museum prior to your visit for special closed days.
IMPORTANT COVID-19 NOTICE: Patrons should call the museum they are interested in visiting for the most recent information. The library is not responsible for coordinating visits.
Passes are available for:
- The Bucks County Children’s Museum (Admission for six people)
- The Academy of Natural Science of Drexel University (Admission for two adults and five children)
- The Elmwood Park Zoo (Admission for two adults and six children)
- The Penn Museum (Admission for two adults and children in their household)
- Pearl S. Buck House (Admission for two adults and children under 18)
- Pennsbury Manor (Admission for four)
- The National Constitution Center (Admission for four adults and four children)
- Museum of the American Revolution (Admission for two adults and four children (ages 5-17); under 5 free.
- The Mercer Museum and Fonthill Castle (Admission for up to four people.)
- Morris Arboretum (Please let the library staff know how many people are in your party. Visitors should visit the museum website for information as to how to use passes.)
- Independence Seaport Museum (Admits two adults and up to four children.)
- NEW! Washington’s Crossing Historic Park (Includes admission to Lower Park, Upper Park and Bowman’s Hill Tower. Admits up to four people. Children under 5 and active duty military personnel and Friends of Washington’s Crossing Park are free.)
- NEW! Bowman’s Hill Wildflower Preserve (Admits two adults and four children)
- NEW! Beginning September 1, 2021 Tyler Arboretum (Admits four)
Bucks County Library adult cardholders in good standing are eligible for passes. Passes may be reserved by calling 215-862-2330 and picked up the same day. Please have your library card available when you call. Your reservation will expire at the end of the day. Only one museum pass per household may be checked out at a time. Passes will only be checked out to the cardholder making the reservation. Passes are meant for family or individual use. Those who wish to use the pass for groups should check with the museum for their policy on group visits.
Due to museum operating restrictions during the Covid-19 pandemic, we have increased the loan period of museum passes temporarily to 7 days. Library staff is unable to predict the return of passes. Users can check availability of passes by accessing the card catalog and typing MUSEUM PASS in the search bar.
Passes must be picked up and returned in-person to the circulation desk at The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury ONLY. Passes dropped off at other libraries or returned in the book drop will result in a late fee.
Museum passes are a popular item. Please be respectful of other patrons wishing to use the pass. For that reason, a fine of $5.00 per day will be charged for overdue passes. Passes overdue past 30 days will be assumed lost and will be charged the replacement cost of the pass. Maximum fine will be equal to the pass replacement cost.
If you need to cancel a reservation, please call the library as soon as possible so that the pass may available to other patrons
Patron is responsible for the full replacement cost of the pass if it is lost.