E-books and e-audio books are available to borrow free on your Bucks County Library card. Here are a couple of things to help make downloading easier.
- If you are new to downloading e-books to your device, make sure you have the passwords and email address affiliated with your device, your library card and PIN and, if using a Kindle, your Amazon account information.
- Your library card needs to be current and in good standing (no fines over $10.00).
- There are currently three platforms available for downloading books and audio books: Overdrive, Cloud Library and Hoopla. Since each platform works with different publishers, this increases our e-collection for our patrons. Each has its own requirements for downloading. Please follow the download instructions for the correct format.
- While technically there is no reason for everyone in the county not to be able to download the same book at the same time, copyright laws prohibit our ability to do this. If another patron has borrowed a e-book, you may place a hold just as you would a print book. You will be notified via email when it is ready for pickup along with instructions as to how to do so.
- Not all books and audios are available for all formats.
- You can search for books and audio via the library catalog or the Overdrive or Axis catalog.
Ready to get started? Click below for step-by-step instructions on downloading an e-book or e-audio.