The library offers a Dremel Idea Builder 3-D printer for patron use. Reservations should be made in advance. The cost of printing is $1 an hour to cover the additional electrical costs. Builds under one hour are free. The build time is estimated at the beginning of the build, so users are asked to bear in mind that the actual build time may exceed the estimated time and an additional charge may incur.
Patrons are asked to be mindful that builds can take up to several hours to complete and to time their visits according to library hours.
Borrow a Kindle
The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury is pleased to make preloaded Kindle e-readers available to our patrons for borrowing. Choose from Kids’ Kindle, Classic Kindle, Popular Fiction Kindle or Mystery Kindle. Please click here for a list of currently available titles.
- Borrowers must be adults (age 18 and older), possess a valid Bucks County Free Library card and be members in good standing with the library.
- The borrower must show a photo ID and sign a borrowing agreement.
- A cardholder may borrow only one e-reader at a time.
- An e-reader and its accessories may be borrowed for three weeks. Renewals are not permitted.
- E-readers must be picked up from and returned directly to the The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury Circulation Desk to a library staff member. E-readers dropped off at other libraries or returned in the book drop will incur a $25 fee for unnecessary risk to the device.
Patrons who violate the terms of the Borrower Agreement may have their privilege of borrowing library e-readers suspended or revoked.
Proctoring service is available at the rate of $25 per exam. Those interested should call in advance and make arrangements with the director no less than one week in advance of the test.
Borrow a Roku
New for 2017! The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury is pleased to offer Roku streaming sticks for check out on your valid Bucks County library card.
Patrons aged 18 or older with a Bucks County library card in good standing can check out Rokus.
- The loan period is 7 days with one renewal.
- Overdue fines will be $1.00 a day with maximum fine of $5.00
- Failure to return the Roku and accessories within 4 weeks after the original due date will result in a charge to the cardholder’s account of $100.00 with a $15.00 processing fee.
- Holds cannot be placed.
When checking out the Roku the borrower will receive:
- The Roku Streaming Stick
- The Roku remote
- A HDMI cable
- An HDMI extender
- A power adaptor
When returning a Roku the borrower must:
Return the Roku to the circulation desk at The Free Library of New Hope and Solebury during normal library business hours. Rokus cannot be returned in the library bookdrops.
Return all 5 items (Roku plus 4 accessories) to the circulation desk at the same time.
Failure to return any of the 4 items will result in a charge to the cardholder’s account for the replacement cost of the material(s).
Hand the Roku to a library or staff member. Rokus should not be placed in the bookdrop.
To use the Roku, you will need :
- Broadband internet
- A Wireless router
- A TV
For information on how to use the Roku streaming stick, please click here.
Preloaded channels include:
- Acorn TV (British movies and television)
- Amazon Video (Prime Only)
- History Channel
- PBS Kids
- Vevo (music videos)
Please note that patrons will not be able to purchase movies or series not included with basic subscription